Looking for ANTLR v3?
The latest version of ANTLR is 4.2.2, released April 6, 2014. As of 4.2.2, we have a Java and C# target, but C++ is next on deck [no completion estimate].
ANTLR v4 is written in ANTLR v3.5.2 and StringTemplate 4.0.8. In antlr-4.2.2-complete.jar, you'll find everything you need to run the ANTLR tool and make its generated parsers work.
ANTLRWorks2 and plugins
ANTLRWorks 2. This IDE is a sophisticated editor for ANTLR v3/v4 grammars as well as StringTemplate templates. It can run the ANTLR tool to generate recognizers and can run the TestRig (grun on command line) to test grammars. To integrate ANTLR-generated recognizers into your application, you will still need at least the runtime library shown below.
Also we have a basic ANTLR v4 plugin for Intellij 12.1 and 13. It does syntax highlighting and syntax error checking. You get a navigation window too. Sample usage showing Java grammar to the right. See the installation instructions.
Edgar Espina has created an eclipse plugin for ANTLR v4. Features: Advanced Syntax Highlighting, Automatic Code Generation (on save), Manual Code Generation (through External Tools menu), Code Formatter (Ctrl+Shift+F), Syntax Diagrams, Advanced Rule Navigation between files (F3), Quick fixes.
- Complete ANTLR 4.2.2 Java binaries jar. Complete ANTLR 4.2.2 tool, Java runtime and ST 4.0.8, which lets you run the tool and the generated code.
- ANTLR 4.2.2 distribution (zip). Everything you need to build the tool and Java runtime from source if you use ant or mvn.
- ANTLR 4.2.2 Java runtime binaries jar. Only what's needed for building and executing parsers/lexers generated in Java.
- ANTLR 4 C# Target (Latest Release).
- C# ANTLR 4 Target at github.
- ANTLR 3 and StringTemplate 4 C# releases.
Your next steps are probably: